Dandruff vs Dry Calp Home Remedies: If your scalp is dry, shiny, you may suspect dryness. But it can also be a sign of a dry scalp. Dandruff and scalp dandruff are the same basic symptoms falling and scalp itching, but these are two different conditions.
In the dry scalp, the skin becomes irritated, and wrinkles appear. With dryness, the cause is too much oil on the scalp. This excess oil causes the skin cells to build up and then shed. Finding out which of these conditions you have can help you get the right treatment and get rid of these flakes in a good way.
Dandruff vs Dry Calp
When your skin is very moist, you get a dry scalp. The skin on your scalp becomes irritated and watery. If your scalp is dry, the skin on other parts of your body, such as your arms and legs, may also be dry.
Cold, dry air: Contact dermatitis caused by a reaction to products applied to your scalps, such as shampoos, styling gels, and hair sprays
Old age:Skin cells on your scalp and body usually grow when you need them most. Then they die and fall. When you have dryness, the skin cells on your scalp fall off faster than usual.
What Is Dandruff vs Dry Calp
Word dandruff is consists of two words Dander and Ruff.Dander means white grains on the feathers.Ruff is derived from another word Scurfy.Scurfy means the growing of scales from the outer layer of skin.Term dandruff is mostly used for white flakes that appear on the shoulder of our black dress.It is not a microbial reaction that can be treated by Ketoconazole.It can be cured by using Cortisone.
What is dry scalp
When skin is dry, especially in a thick-haired area is called dry scalp.Term dry scalp is not used in medicine.The Scalpy area is more oily than other parts of the head.The scalp area produces more sebum that originates from hair follicles.
Causes Of Dandruff
If dandruff is present in a large amount. It is the evidence to the presence of inflammatory skin disease.All type of skin removes dead cells ,If the skin does not remove the dead cells, they accumulate in the form of yellow or white flakes on the shoulders.Due to inflammatory skin disease, a fungal infection is started.These scales accumulated, and it is very difficult to remove these cells.
Symptoms Of Dandruff;
The most common symptom of dandruff is the presence of white or yellow flakes all over the head.Flakes are also present on the shoulders of the affected person.Dandruff is also a sign of the presence of potential scalp problems.When a person neglects the washing of hair, there are chances of getting dandruff.
Tests To Analyze Dandruff;
A physical inspection of the scalp skin is very necessary to diagnose the disease. In some cases, the doctor can remove an affected part of the scalp skin.Dermatologists have the most experience in diagnosing and treating scalp diseases.
Treatment Of Dandruff
The most common scalp that produces dandruff in large amounts is Seborrheic Dermatitis. The exact reason for seborrheic dermatitis is not clear. It is said that the main reason for this disease is the growth of yeast in large amounts in the skin. Safe, effective, and topical medications can control it. There is no well-known cure for this disease.
- Anty dandruff shampoo that contains zinc pyrithione is best for the treatment of dandruff. Salicylic acid, coal tar, selenium sulfide ketoconazole are excellent to treat Seborrheic Dermatitis. It is not uncommon to complement these shampoos with moderate potency topical steroids solution, lotion, or foam applied on the scalp to remove the problem.
- Tea Tree Oil is also recommended for the treatment of this disease.According to the Tea Tree Oil institute of Australia, a 5% solution of this oil can remove dandruff.
- Apple Cider Vinegar is somehow good for the treatment of dandruff.
Prognosis for Dandruff
- If dandruff is due to less use of shampoo, it can be treated by increasing wash.
- If dandruff is Seborrhea Dermatitis, then it can be treated by using a lot of shampoo and steroids recommended for this disease.
- Apple cider vinegar is by far the best treatment for dandruff.
Dandruff isn’t treatable. A majority of people must deal with the symptoms in the long run. Usually, the flaky patches disappear and then come back. Dandruff treatment with a particular shampoo can treat the problem and reduce flakiness, itching, and itchin۔
Here are some tips to help prevent dandruff and dryness:
- If you have dryness, wash your hair often with anti-dandruff shampoo. Be sure to rinse all shampoo.
- Beware of products for your hair that are made of harmful chemicals, like bleach and alcohol. These ingredients can dry out your scalp. Also, avoid oily hair products that can build up on your scalp.
- Take a few minutes in the sun every single day. There is some evidence that exposure to ultraviolet light can help control dryness. However, you do not want to be exposed to too much sun as it can increase your risk of skin cancer.
- Reduce stress by practicing yoga, meditation, deep breathing, other techniques to relax.
Poor hygiene causes drought is a myth. However, prolonged exposure to shampoo can make Dandruff more noticeable. Since researchers do not fully understand the cause of Dandruff, it is not clear if Dandruff can prevent it. There is also a reason.
In most people, dryness is a chronic condition that goes away and then returns. Although some people think that lifestyle changes improve their symptoms, little research has been done on this topic.
It is possible to prevent dry scalp in this way:
- Use less irritating shampoo۔
- Switching to Moisturizing Shampoo.
- Shampoo your hair less often.
- Use a humidifier to prevent the skin from drying out.
- Drink more water.
- Applying oil on the head.